Behavioral and mental health
With a board-certified pediatric mental health specialist on staff, we can serve your child’s behavioral health needs, using comprehensive screening tools for diagnosis and treatment. Our understanding of your child’s physical history and attributes allows a holistic approach. We make the right referrals when they’re needed.
Children and adolescents do not necessarily behave the same way as adults do when they are anxious and/or depressed. Symptoms of anxiety, depression, attention deficit disorder, (ADD), bipolar disorder, the effects of bullying, and various behavioral disorders often mimic one another.
- Anxiety evaluation and counseling
- Asperger’s syndrome screening
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) evaluation and management
- Autism screening
- Behavioral advice
- Bipolar evaluation
- Bullying prevention and advocacy
- Child rearing questions
- Depression screening and therapy
- Discussion of normal developmental stages
- Guidance in the psychiatry world of providers